A functioning Hot Water Heater is not a luxury. It’s a critical necessity for any home or business. Running a household or a commercial enterprise without hot water is not even a practical option for the briefest amount of time. So whether your hot water heater is in need of repair or of replacement, Flood Brothers Plumbing’s EMERGENCY HOT WATER HEATER repair and replacement services are available 24/7/365 for any Hot Water Heater needs.
There are several types of hot water heaters and all use gas, propane, or electricity to heat water. The most common are conventional storage, water heaters, which are typically located in a closet near your washing machine or in the garage. This water heater consists of a cylindrical tank that stores water, which is heated using gas or AC current, with pipes that feed the plumbing system. Tankless heaters, on the other hand, employ newer, more energy efficient on-demand water heating technology, which has become more popular in recent years here in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Instead of warming the water in a cylindrical tank, tankless heaters heat the water as it flows through the unit on its way to your plumbing.
Flood Brothers Plumbing’s hot water heater technicians are well versed, highly trained and fully licensed to service or replace either. Regardless of what type of hot water heater you have, our plumbing specialists can resolve your water heater problem. Whether you have no hot water at all, not enough hot water, whining or humming in your pipes or see rust colored water, contact Flood Brother Plumbers today and let us troubleshoot your hot water heater problems.
Call FLOOD BROTHERS PLUMBING at 855.840.7800, the EMERGENCY Hot Water Heater Repair SPECIALISTS in Los Angeles, covering Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Brentwood, Pasadena, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Granada Hills or click for IMMEDIATE 24/7 HOT WATER HEATER services in the greater Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.
Repairing hot water heaters is a complicated and potentially dangerous affair, as you are working directly with scalding water, gas or electricity. You should never attempt to service a water heater yourself. You can, however, troubleshoot the problem and identify the issue if your water heater exhibits one of the following behaviors:
– Hot water runs out quickly or heating is slow. If you aren’t getting enough water it could just be that you need a bigger water heater. But if your heater is appropriately sized and you still aren’t getting enough, it could mean that the dip tube has come loose, that the burner is dirty or that the limit switch has been flipped incorrectly.
– Leaks can occur for a number of different reasons, including bad gaskets and valves and high pressure inside the tank. If you spot puddles of water near you water heater, or leaking from the top, side or around the base of the tank, call us immediately.
– Discolored or odorous water is never a good sign. When you turn on the hot water in your home and you notice rust flakes at the bottom of the tub, it could mean rusty pipes, but this is unlikely if it is only a problem with the hot water. On the other hand, it could indicate that your water heater tank has started corroding, in which case a replacement is necessary. However, it’s possible that only the anode rod has begun to rust through, in which case, you would only need to replace that. See Emergency Water Heater Anode Rod Repair in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley below.
If you start to hear any of the following sounds you should call or click for Flood Brothers Plumbing’s EMERGENCY HOT WATER HEATER repair and replacement assistance at 855.840.7800.
– A common problem with hot water heaters are rumbling or rattling noises. This is caused frequently by sediment or minerals deposited on the bottom of the tank from hard water. These deposits will create a barrier that causes air bubbles to form under the layer and make noises.
– You could have a leak in your water supply line that is allowing sediment to get into your water heater. Draining the tank and washing out the deposits can usually resolve this issue.
– If you have an electric water heater, you may hear a hissing noise at start up. This is frequently also the result of sediment or mineral build-up on the bottom of the tank. Over time, these sediments build up a white-like mineral deposit (known as scale) which settles along the sides and bottom of the tank, seriously affecting your water heater’s performance.
– If you hear your hot water heater creaking like the inside of a World War II submarine, then it likely means there is too much pressure inside the tank. The cause of this problem is usually a faulty pressure relief valve that may require repair or replacement. Unchecked, this can lead to leaks in the tank which is an expensive issue to resolve.
Keep a close watch for any of these signs, including low pressure through hot water valves and water that is extremely hot regardless of valve settings. If you experience any of these symptoms, click for Flood Brothers Plumbing’s EMERGENCY HOT WATER HEATER repair services or call 855.840.7800.
Over time, minerals in water react with steel, corroding water heater tanks. Forced to work harder, the heating element eventually fails. The water heater anode rod, a small rod made of aluminum or magnesium, screws into the top of the tank. The anode rod, called the sacrificial anode rod, essentially sacrifices anodes for the good of the tank. In order for something to rust, iron, oxygen, and water must be present and as water heaters are usually made of steel (an iron alloy) you can expect rust to inevitably form over time. Magnesium and aluminum are more reactive than steel, which means the rod should corrode before the tank does. Some hot water heaters have two anode rods, in order to provide better protection against rust corrosion.
The anode rod should be routinely replaced, which is why regular water heater maintenance is recommended. During water heater maintenance, a Flood Brothers Plumbing technician cleans and adjusts parts of your unit and inspects the components in order to let you know whether a vital piece, like the anode rod, needs replacement.
Water heaters are one of the few appliances within a home that should be always serviced by a licensed and insured professional. There are many components of a water heater that can severely injure someone who isn’t properly equipped or trained, from scalding hot water and electrical shock to actual explosions from gas. Properly diagnosing a water heater involves using several testing tools, and a careless move can expose a non professional to scalding water or over 200 volts of electricity.
When it comes time to repair your water heater, call Flood Brothers Plumbing. Our licensed and insured professionals can handle any water heater related matter, from a minor repair to a complete installation of a brand new heater. Flood Brothers Plumbing is available 24/7, 365 days a year to help you with all your water heater needs.
Flood Brothers Plumbing professionals serve all of Los Angeles, including Sherman Oaks, Studio City, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills Pasadena, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks Granada Hills and Brentwood and are experienced in handling all hot water heater repair needs. Call FLOOD BROTHERS PLUMBING at 855.840.7800 or click for IMMEDIATE 24/7 Hot Water Heater repair and replacement.